My first experience with HEXIS was when I heard their ‘X’ 7” that Parade of Spectres released back in 2012. Shortly after this, they were looking for a label to help release the ‘Seputus/Fatum’ 7” and this ended up being the very first Black Lake release! Since then, their touring schedule has been un-ending covering (damn near) every country in Europe as well as Cuba, USA/Canada and they are due to tour Asia later this year. They are genuinely one of the hardest-working bands I have come across and I am so proud of how far they’ve come, and have still to go! Here’s what Filip had to say:
2. Where did the names HEXIS/Bloated Veins come from?
-Our ex-guitarist came up with the name Hexis, we wanted to have a band name that consisted of one word and included an ‘X’ in the name and we liked ‘Hexis’ a lot. ‘Bloated Veins’ is a small part of the lyrics from our song ‘Seputus’
3. How long have HEXIS/Bloated Veins been active for?
4. At this moment, how many 12” do you own?
5. What is the most important piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
6. Last movie you watched?
7. What was the last movie you cried at?
8. What song did you lose your virginity to?
9. Death row last ever meal: what do you have?
10. You have a time machine; where do you travel to/what do you do first?
11. Who let the dogs out?
12. You can re-unite any band/artist that have split up/retired. Which band/artist & why?
13. How is your record collection categorized?
14. What is the weirdest record you own/have heard?
15. What is the coolest looking record/thing you own?
16. Green day or blink 182?
17. Who are your top 3 bands/artists to check out right now?
18. What advice would you give to a large group of people?
19. What advice would you give to your haters?
20. Lastly, what is the worst experience you’ve ever had from playing in a band?